Monday, September 06, 2004

Tedious Work

Well, it's been awhile since I blogged here. And, enough time has passed for me to either have forgotten what it was like or for the procedure to have changed. I think it changed. I don't remember being able to insert a picture, so that's different.

It's a 4 day weekend for me. I got Friday off and, with the weekend and Labor Day celebrated on Sept 6th, it was 4 days off. Very, very nice. I've done massive work on www.talkingtospirit.com Not new stuff, but in having the Google tower ads alongside the right hand side of the screen. Having them in what I consider to be a better position for people to see is important if I'm not going to be making any money from the readings I do. At least, not now anyway. It's a tedious process in loading up one archived entry. Loading up the next. Moving down to where the archived reading is, copying it, moving over to the first reading I'd loaded up (which, incidentally already has the reformatted page on it....lots of changes, not just with the Google ads), pasting the reading over top of the other reading. Scrolling down to increment the Next Reading section. Saving it as the second loaded file (several times I've gotten confused and did a regular save as opposed to the save as a new file name and had to reload the files in question, go back to what the proper reading should be live on the web, view source, copy that and paste it back into the file). God, this has been a tedious project.

But, when it's done I'll be real happy and ready to move on to another project. Anyway, I'm almost at the half way point of 183 entries for the year. It feels like I've been working on this for days. Anyway, the first 20 or so were done toward the end of August. I let the whole thing lay for awhile so I could determine if I was really happy with what we had. No sense going to all this trouble if you're going to look at it when it's finished and go, "Oh, why didn't I do that too?" Anyway, I let it cure for a week. Got back into the project this weekend and on Saturday did 50 entries. On Sunday did 70 and so far this morning I've done 30. For some reason I'm not all that enthused about doing them today. It's been so damned hot this weekend I try to get most of my productive and hard work done in the morning because starting at noon it's gonna get hot.

Am currently reading, "Zinnia" by Jayne Castle...great book.

No comments: