Friday, August 05, 2005

Hey, It's Friday

I'm experimenting. In swishing about the internet looking at other people's blogs I saw some that had titles. Lo and behold, I can do that too. So, from now on I think I'll have titles.

I began the process of submitting this blog to blog directories, but, so far haven't noticed that anybody has come to visit. Maybe they are as slow as I am in updating things. I've got 3...maybe 4 weeks worth of reciprocal link submissions to cull through for Thayer's ABC's of Self Help Directory. One yahoo had come through and spent three days submitting requests for various sites and never once had a reciprocal link back to our site. I suppose he got tired of it. I'd never been spammed before with requests. Anyway, back to the blog. There's still the question of is this a blog friendly site...meaning, am I doing it right? I think I'm not as optimized as I might be in regard to the feed issue, but it will come. I'm not really in the mood this morning to do any in-depth research, and, truth to tell, I haven't been feeling all that well lately. Took my blood sugar reading last night and it was 215. That ain't good. I don't think, anyway. But, it could be why I don't feel like doing anything after 2:00 pm in the afternoon...which makes for a long afternoon at work.

There was this one blog that I was absolutly fascinated by. It was a cooking blog and had links to other sites and feeds and was beautifully done. The lady worked on several (many) different blogs and projects all at the same time. Do you think I saved it? No. I couldn't find a bookmark of the site anywhere. And, I can't find it on the search engines either. Shoot. Anyway, I thought this morning maybe I could do a cooking blog...then, I thought, "No. Maybe it should be an eating blog." That would certainly be more appropriate.

Here's a joke I heard yesterday: This man and his wife needed a new car. The man really didn't have any preferences as to what it was going to be, but the wife was really set on having a sports car. She said to him, "I want something that will go from 0 to 200 in 3 seconds flat. My birthday is coming up. Surprise me." For her birthday he got her a scale.

Okay...off to the races.

No comments: