Saturday, August 27, 2005

Musing

I don’t know if everybody already knew about this, but yesterday I downloaded a word plug-in from Blogger that will allow me to compose in Word and then upload right from there to this blog. What a wonderful thing! I’m accustomed to composing in Word. I especially love the spell checker that follows me around like a butler with a dustpan. All my misspelled words are underlined in red and anything grammatically incorrect is underlined in green. Also, there are a great many words that automatically rearrange themselves if I spell them wrong right out of the box. All it takes at the end of writing is to go back over the written piece double clicking on suspect words or phrases to get options to correct. This is what I’m used to. What I wasn’t used to was composing in Blogger. Consequently, there were a great number of words that would slip through the net and land ignominiously on the page to look for all the world like I had something stuck to my front tooth. So, this is better.

I kept a journal once when I was a teenager. Actually, my first one had a lock on it. I don’t know where it is anymore. I routinely destroyed them. I just didn’t want anybody to know my secrets. I was a very private person. So, for me to sit here and write for all the world to see is a major step for me to take. I wrote in this blog for some time before I finally began publicizing it a few weeks ago. I’m still feeling ambivalent about it.

But, there are two things I’m rubbing up against here. One is that I, myself, had always been interested in the story behind the person whoever that person was and what they did. Nosy is what some people would call it. But, if I could get inside a person’s head to see what it was like to be psychic I’d do it in a heartbeat. I’ve written on my present website Talking To Spirit for a number of years now. The information that goes there is a snapshot in time. But, it doesn’t do much as far as telling folks what it’s like for me when I channel. And, with my major goal seemingly evolving into that of a teacher, well, that’s a really important aspect of the channeling process. So, this blog might be a means for me to begin doing that.

The other thing has to do with a fear I have of writing. Well, of writing something that could conceivably be considered publishable. With the advent of these blogs and of websites I am self published. So, that is a step forward. But, the woman behind the blog, the woman behind the voices of spirit is actually very shy. She’s ordinary. She’s sort of boring at times. And, right now she’s baring her soul. Maybe that is the most important thing. I did say before that contact with spirit will make an honest person of you. Well, it evidently happens in stages.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..I have never heard of such a thing! I will definately have to check it out, as I use word very often myself. I acutally normally do my posts in word and copy and past them into my blogger dashboard. I am usually pretty good with my spelling, however the typo's get me. :)

Thanks for mentioning this, I bet it will help me out a lot!

Dovely said...

See what I mean..typo.. :)