Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Trying to be Artistic

Hey. I'm up early. It's been awhile since I had writer's hours, but I do remember that back in the days when I was working on my novel, some 15 years ago, I'd wake up a couple of hours early and have that quiet time to work on my book. I'm not presently working on a book, but I think I might be moving toward it. Slowly. Cautious; that's my middle name.

Anyway, yesterday evening I fiddled around a little bit with my XaraX program. It's a great little graphics illustrator sort of program that I've had for years. As I recall, it didn't cost a whole lot and I've used it for this and for that and in combination with other programs to create neato little gifs and banners. But, I never read the directions. And, as with the other software programs I use I've found that when I read the directions I find there are all sorts of neato things I never knew before. No book with this program, but it did come with a CD loaded with movies and I watched for awhile yesterday. The reason for this interest comes from me wanting to design some new graphics for this blog. Other people have such interesting little banners and buttons and here I am using the same old same old year after year. It just doesn't strike me as very imaginative. So, I determined to do something about it.

The one thing, though, that I'd like to learn is how to apply color to an area like I'm painting with it. You'd think that would be a no-brainer, but it's got me stumped. Anyway, to show off what I did last night....


Inadvertantly, I'd clicked and dragged from the tip of one petal to another and discovered the program feathered in little petals. Neat. Then, non-artist that I am I hunkered down and drew a face. Anyway, since our refrigerator is covered with all sorts of other things and no room left to display artwork...here it is.

I have been promoting this blog. I'm not sure how to classify it...I bounce between thinking it is a spiritual site and a paranormal site. At the moment, it is neither. Does this mean that it ought to be a personal site? What about when one of the disembodied Folk come to talk? Like me? Is this Elvis? Moi? Yes, you. I had a thought of you a moment ago and figured I was just making it up. Many would feel that way too. And, you, having years of experience should tell them that it feels just like that sometimes; that you are making it up. I can't imagine Elvis would talk with semi-colons. I talk however you're prepared to have me talk. I know. I suppose I'm tense here. Yes, you'd used them before. You should see the times I talk in verse. Probably rhyming too. Jealous? Yes. It doesn't become you. I'm only being honest. I know that. Okay, we should take advantage of the fact that Elvis is here. Well, I can come and talk anytime you want. I know, but you don't show up here every day. Well, if you want to get technical this isn't a blog for Elvis either. That is merely the person I was. I'm that and more now. Everybody is who is in Spirit. It's like I was the shoe before. Now, I'm the whole outfit. I'm not saying it wasn't fun, it's just more complete now. What do you do all day? Well, that's one of those loaded questions. For one thing there is no day where we are. It just is the same. Time is compressed, time is expanded, time does not exist and yet, from your perspective time passes. But, that aside, I teach. Mostly. I pray. A lot. I sing. Still. Alone and with others. So, does that answer your question of how to list your blog? Well, not really, but it's sure not for the cooking aisle. If they ever came up with a Channeler's category, that's where we'd go with it. For now? Don't worry about it. Okay. Thanks. I think I'd better get to work on formatting this bit here. It'll take me awhile to get your part into a different color. Thanks for dropping by. You're quite welcome. Blessings all around. Same to you. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was fabulous! Hey this stuff is not 'para' normal it is very very 'normal' cosmically speaking that is!

abhay