Friday, September 23, 2005

Bleaking...Tweaking the Blog

I’ve been sitting here surfing through Blog Clicker and actually reading some of these blogs. There was one blog in particular I ran across called http://www.slightlydrunk.com/ that had an absolutely hilarious story in it about the guy’s parents and his sister. Not only was I amused (I used to be that way too), but he had a way for folks to save his site to their favorites bookmark list. When you’re surfing around in either Blog Clicker or Blog Explosion you just can’t bookmark the sites to your own browser. Somehow whatever you save will not be right. Not being too technically inclined and wanting to figure out how to get around these things other than what I’ve been doing of opening up a new window and then going into the person’s profile to find the url of their blog or, if they don’t have a profile, just reading the page carefully trying to find an address I determined that what this guy had done was exactly what I needed to do too. So, that’s what I did.

Then, I noticed that all the stuff I put going on down my sidebar was all way too big. So, I sized it all down and put some of the things into tables and just generally spent at least 2 hours back here in the study fooling around with this site. It goes rather slowly for me because I don’t want to foul the whole thing up. So, I work it like I build a spreadsheet which is very slowly with a tweak here, look at it, tweak it again, look at it again, until I’ve done 20 tiny little tweaks to get something to look right.

Waiting to see how the hurricane is going to land. Friends in Houston who aren’t leaving. Thinking of them and worried.

1 comment:

Wally Banners said...

loved your article, your very pretty.