Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hurry, Hurry

So, there are just a few minutes before I need to leave for work. Did I intend this to be a considered piece or just a fast scribble? Well, I’d like to spend more time on it, but I really don’t want to devote more than a minute or so to the note that I celebrated my 50th birthday the other day. That makes me a pine tree and I suppose what it has to say about me is correct. Slob? Did it say slob? I can’t remember. What I don’t understand is I’m a Virgo. We’re not supposed to be slobs. Maybe my worrying about it so much, or being conscious of being a slob makes up for it? Sort of like a penance said? This being 50 is the pits, folks. It really is. I’m not aging gracefully. Hell, I don’t even feel like I’ve grown up yet and now I’m going through menopause. Yikes. Enough. I’ve got statements to send out. I’ve got month end to finish. Work is very, very busy. And, we’ve got a BM to go to tomorrow. That’s a big meeting. My husband got me to saying that. It sort of takes the edge off of things when you don’t drink anymore.

Okay, off to work to act like an efficient secretary and, Dear Readers, I’ll have something less whiney to talk about next time. Speaking of Dear Readers, I’m reading Amanda Quick’s, “Wait Until Midnight” right now. Very cool book. An in-depth study of a writer of romances and quack mediums in the late 1800’s. I love her books. And, being a medium and a wanna-be romance novelist just adds a bit of spice for me to this romance-murder mystery. I’ve read this book before, many times. But, as I’ve discovered lately, I just don’t remember them anymore. So, on the upside I get to read a new book. On the down side, my memory sucks.

No comments: