Monday, October 10, 2005

What Can We Do?

What can we do when death occurs on the massive scales we’ve been seeing lately? When Mother Nature and the Earth seem to take matters into their own hands and deal a deadly blow to people.  I speak now of the devastation we see in Pakistan with the earthquake of Saturday where the numbers dead stand at 30,000 as of Monday morning.  I speak, too, of the mudslides in Guatemala where an entire village was declared a mass grave in Panabaj and over 100 communities have been cut off.  What can we do?  We can give money.  To the Red Cross or to whatever agency will vow to help.  We don’t give money for those who have died.  We can give money for those who are left, for those whose lives have been destroyed and disrupted.  Seth said to me yesterday that Heaven can handle all those who died suddenly.  There is no waiting line to get in.  He said all are well.   I said prayers last night.  And, I dreamed.  

No comments: