Sunday, November 06, 2005

Dream and a Joke

I wanted to take a moment out to blog. I used to smoke and if I still did that’s what I’d do now. But, it’s 3:15 in the morning and I don’t smoke, so instead I blog. Anyway, I couldn’t sleep. I awakened angry. Imagine, not a nightmare, but a mad dream. I was at work, but it was a new work. New to me. And, the new regime was in town. And, a lawyer sat there advising us as to how we were going to get our office cleaned up. They were ignoring me. But, everybody knew I was going to be the one to do it. Hey, what can I say? Duties as assigned. But, the deal is that they were going to downgrade my position, pay me less and make me do more which included cleaning the office in addition to all the other things I already did, which, I assume were secretarial in nature. I have yet to have a dream where I’m a psychic! LOL.

I was so angry at the guy. I hollered at him, “Have the courtesy to speak to me. Look at me! Stop talking about me like I’m not here! You will not pay me less just so I can clean this office!” I was so angry at him he was literally blown out of his chair to land in a pile of papers. Phhhoooff. That’s when I woke up.

I was so agitated I knew that going back to bed was not an option. So, to make myself useful I got up to work on my resource pages. Of the 41 pages I will be adding I’ve done 8. I did 3 yesterday and 1 this morning. It’s taking me about half an hour to finish the page for this particular stage of the project and I hope to be done by Thanksgiving. I’m putting jokes at the bottom of each one, unless I’ve written an article about the subject. Lots of jokes…very few articles. But, I thought the joke for the Ghosts resource page was hilarious and I figured to share it with everybody. Mostly, the jokes I use are from Belief.net.

Guardian Angel on the Job
A man was walking in the street when he heard a voice: "Stop! Stand still! If you take one more step, a brick will fall down on your head and kill you." The man stopped and a big brick fell right in front of him. The man was astonished. He went on, and after awhile he was going to cross the road. Once again the voice shouted: "Stop! Stand still! If you take one more step a car will run over you and you will die." The man did as he was instructed, and a car came careening around the corner, barely missing him. "Where are you?" the man asked. "Who are you?" "I am your guardian angel," the voice answered. "Oh yeah?" the man asked. "And where the hell were you when I got married?"

No comments: