Saturday, November 19, 2005

Moving Along

Hey, I had my anniversary date at work the other day. I’ve been there 13 years…this time. I was there before for 3½ years, so it’s a grand total of 16½ years. I had a break of 1½ years where I had declared myself a writer and wasn’t going to be a secretary anymore. Anyway, can you imagine? 16½ years! I’m astonished. Me, the mean secretary. It helps being psychic. You learn to not get so uptight about things. It would have helped more if I’d been a witch and I could go around casting spells. But, so are the twists and turns of life.

I came across a picture of my guide just now as I was looking for turkeys for Thanksgiving. Oh, I think I’m going to regret saying it that way! HA! This is a picture Rob, Jane Roberts’ husband, painted of Seth many years ago when she was channeling for him. Actually, I’ve got a picture of Jane too. Jane and Rob started talking with Seth in 1963 using a Ouija board and continued to hold regular sessions with him for 21 years until she died in 1984. There is a huge body of work, with published books and material at Yale University. I could never hope to come close to the body of work they did. I was shocked, actually, when Seth spelled out his name when I finally made channeling contact in 1993. I asked him if he was my guide. He said yes. I asked if he was the same Seth who'd worked with Jane. He said yes. I actually don't talk about it very much. I'm always afraid people will compare the work I do with what Jane did and find it terribly wanting. But, there's a fly in the ointment too in the sense that I don't just talk to Seth. There are other guides and Folk in Spirit who come to talk. I don't do the visual thing very well and I don't actually know who I'm talking to all the time. Many times I just assume it is Seth, but other times I can sense an actual change in the energy. Also, they start talking with a different style and cadence. That's a clue for me that somebody else has stepped up to the mic to talk. I used to ask who I was talking to a lot more than I do now, but it got to be intruisive and it sapped my energy because I'd get all hung up on it. And, there are many others who also channel Seth. I'm not the only other one. Some of the folks have published books.

Work is progressing on the archived readings. I’m up to 160 now. I did about 100 of them today. Not bad work! Also, I ironed a dozen shirts, did a load of wash, vacuumed the house, made an excellent dinner with my new Emeril grill pan, blogged twice, did some reading, watched Johnny Depp in, “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl”, overate at dinner, but feel okay right now…knock wood. The day has been nice and productive.

The doctor did talk to me yesterday about the fall I took earlier in the month. He said that being more than 20 pounds overweight will eventually cause your joints to give out. The muscles and tendons just can’t take it. Oh, joy. Anyway, another reason to lose weight.

No comments: