Sunday, November 13, 2005

November is National Diabetes Month

I just watched a half an hour show on CNBC called dLife. It's about diabetes and what you can do to manage it. I was diagnosed with diabetes 3 years ago, but I really haven't done much for it other than to take medicine. I ignored it for the first year or so and I've worried about it since then. I find lately that I'm very tired at times, but it is still better than it was in the days leading up to the diagnosis. I thought I was okay with it. Evidently I am not. Because in watching this show, in listening to folks talk plainly about their diabetes and the importance of diet and exercise I was caught off guard. I thought I was okay with it.

The show comes on every Sunday at 4:00 PM in California on CNBC.

A channeling funny? One of the guides said to me, "It's not as though you have cancer. Think of it as being blond." Meaning, you've got this for the rest of your life. Deal with it. I had to laugh through my tears and apologize to all who are blond.

Anyway, for those of you who are diabetic, for those of you who have loved ones or who know folks who are diabetic and for those of you who are in the high risk categories: Any person of color, any person who is overweight and any person who has a family member who has been diagnosed as diabetic check out the website at dLife.com

Also, I've put together a collection of sites having to do with diabetes and with exercise at my own website.

Test often and keep your blood sugar at reasonable levels.

No comments: