Saturday, November 19, 2005

Website

Working industrially toward revamping all my archived channeled readings. I'm up to 120 right now. I do them in batches of 10 and 20. My brain can't handle more than that at one time. What I'm doing is narrowing up the page. I didn't realize it, but there was just too much to look at. I think the idea is to direct the person's eyes? Well, I'm not exactly doing that, but I am limiting the number of things on the page to distract from the main purpose which is the reading. After that if they click on a few ads, hey, who am I to complain?

But, this is purely technical work. It took me a week of fiddling with page to finally get it to be the width I wanted. Turns out I just had too many tables going across the page. Now, it is longer than it was before. But, it's a matter of loading up the last revamped page, loading in the next to do, copying the reading, pasting it into the last revamped page, adjusting the next reading number and then saving it as the next number. If I get interrupted it can be messy. One little brain flip and I'm off track and I don't want to be. I also found myself fixing some I'd already fixed before. So, I take breaks. Time out for ironing. Time out for making tuna salad. Time out for cutting 200 business cards for 2 guys at work...oh, my aching back. And, now, time out to blog. I may take a nap soon, too.

I'll be glad when it is done. It's a large project. Not as large as links and resource pages, but it's sure a lot more tedious. I'm ready for something creative.

So...announcing...the first 120 newly revamped, freshest in the world looking Channeled Bits of Advice and Other Assorted Things to Talk About from Talking To Spirit. Thanks for having a peek.

No comments: