Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Intention

I just started reading a new book. It’s, “The Power of Intention”, by Dr. Wayne Dyer. I’m only a few pages into it, but already I can feel this is going to be one of those “important” books for me to read. He talks about intention in a way that I had never thought about it before. And, lately, I had been thinking about how I was able to get certain projects done, really difficult projects, by tapping into this unseen source of determination and bull-doggedness that seemed almost magical. I want to do that again, but I want to do it consciously. I want to be able to turn it on at will. This is what he’s talking about. I think. Anyway, it’s also approaching this idea of intention from a spiritual standpoint. I’m excited about it. I’ll probably use this book in my next newsletter in the sidebar as my Recommended Read.

Also, I had to laugh, because as soon as he conceived of the idea of intention he talked about it to everybody he ran into. To, me that is really obnoxious, except I do the same thing. I recognize the glazed look that comes over the eyes of the person you are talking to (my husband especially)…the resigned feeling where they say to themselves, “Oh, shit, she’s on a tear again.” I had no idea other people did it too. It makes me feel comforted to know somebody like Wayne Dyer does the same thing. It makes me feel like maybe I’m on the right track. Ha.

No comments: