Sunday, December 11, 2005

Resolutions...Once Again

It never fails, but I start thinking about the resolutions I want to make for the coming year just about this time. This time being the middle of December as I ready the newsletter for release the first of January. And, each year I have all sorts of wonderful ideas about things I’d like to do in the coming year. I think to myself, wouldn’t it be nice to learn another language. Actually, my only good one is English. The others, Spanish, German, Norwegian and French are all jumbled together so that when I start speaking one I’m speaking them all at the same time. Not good. Except, I swear, when I used to drink I was absolutely, positively fluent, at least, in German. I have been told when I start speaking another language I speak with a Norwegian accent, that being the first second language I ever started learning as a child. In any case, all those odd facts aside, I ought to enlist the help of Spirit in this endeavor. I have actually shied away from doing that, though I can’t say why other than I probably just take the easy way out and, like many people, my resolutions just smack of too much work.

Once, just after I first started channeling in 1993 I asked Seth for help as I tried to lose weight. Losing weight is something I just don’t do easily. I had only ever done it once in my life before that point in time. Anyway, boy did he ever help me. I’ve never been in the Army, but from the movies I’ve seen and from what my husband tells me Seth would make a good drill sergeant. I did lose 50 pounds. But, yikes, it was something else. I’d be reaching for something to put into my mouth and he’d interrupt with an alternative suggestion. Every single time. I have to confess it sort of got on my nerves. Nowadays, every once in awhile Spirit will step in gently with another suggestion, but it sure is different from what it was like when I lost 50 pounds with Seth’s help. The thing is, I have to ask them for help. Them, being the folk in Spirit I talk to. In the early days it was just Seth. Now, it might be anyone. Ha…someone in Spirit just suggested I ask Johnny Weissmuller for help. Wouldn’t that be something? Help from Tarzan to get fit and trim in the coming year.

I have to admit the help I get from Spirit is plain talking. I can hear them good. Though somebody in Spirit just said I don’t always listen. But, I can hear them better than I could before I started channeling. I also remember, though, what it was like before I started channeling when I was normal like anybody else. I used to think I couldn’t talk to Spirit. Actually, put God there. I had absolutely no idea you could talk to anybody else. Now, that I channel I know for a certainty that I could have talked easily to Spirit in those days. They might not have spoken back, but I know now that whatever I had to say got through. I was not, as I believed then, just me shouting into an empty abyss. Actually, whether you talk to Spirit or not you always, everybody always has, at least somebody in Spirit who listens to every heartbeat, every sound you make. Call them your guardian angel if you want to. Call them your guide (which is more to the point I’m told). But, there is always somebody there who is listening to you.

My point is that I could have asked Spirit for help back in those days and I’m sure that help and assistance is whatever the endeavor was would have been coming my way. Not that things would have fallen into my lap, nor do I expect them to. But, the things I needed to read and the people I needed to meet would be more forthcoming. I think this idea moves along the same lines as what I’ve been reading lately and recommend as this Month’s Book from Wayne Dyer, “The Power of Intention”. Intention, for me, is like a fast moving river and all you have to do is just jump in. Then, you get to where you’re going quickly.

So, make your resolutions this year, just like you do every other year. But, this year, put your hand out and in your mind’s eye beseech your guide for a bit of an assist. Trust the help you ask for will actually, really and truly happen. Know in utilizing this help from Spirit in a conscious fashion you are also strengthening your own connectedness with Spirit in a very real way.

No comments: