Friday, January 13, 2006

Get a Job

And, another two more knowingness things that happened.  One just now was that as I got up and visited the facilities, and as I flushed the commode I thought to myself that it wasn’t going to fill right.  It was going to run.  So, I jiggled the handle on the toilet for good measure.  I went into the kitchen.  From there, as I doled out our vitamins for the day and fixed my coffee I could hear the ding donged toilet running through the wall.  It wasn’t stopping.  Just kept on going.  On my way back through the house I stopped by the bathroom and jiggled the handle to make the stopper fall so the tank could fill up.

Yesterday I made Dennis coffee.  As I was making it I thought to myself that I wanted to do it right because sure as shooting something would happen that it wouldn’t be pleasing to him.  I thought this as I closed the gizmo holding the filter and the coffee.  Sure did.  He stops by the study later on to ask me how I’d made it.  I said I’d put three heaping scoops in (he likes it real strong).  Well, it was real strong.  Turns out the filter paper did go cockeyed and the edge folded slightly allowing coffee grounds to get out and make it into his cup.  Sludge.  He threw out what I’d made and prepared another cup of coffee for himself.

These are minor things.  These are really little things and in the course of life don’t really amount to a hill of beans.  But, to a psychic?  

I really don’t want to give psychic readings.  People are afraid of psychic readings.  At least, my neighbor is.  I can channel.  Yeah, I’m good at that.  That, to me, is as easy as falling off a log.  But psychic readings?  The kind where somebody says to you, “Be aware that if you were to keep your dog close to hand during the course of the day today you will meet a loving stranger.”  Baloney.  The way I look at it the loving stranger and you are going to meet regardless of whether you’ve got your dog with you or not.  It’s like water runs downhill.  It’s gonna happen.  It might be diverted by a log or a pile of leaves, but eventually water is going to run downhill.  So, too are you going to meet your stranger and whether I say anything about it to you or not is not going to change that.

What I could do, though, is to try and help you to stop worrying about stuff.  I’m an expert at worrying.  I can take some situation apart and reconstruct it a million different ways and what did it get me?  Lots of time thinking about something that ought to be water under the bridge and let’s move on folks, life is waiting.  So, as far as worrying whether you are going to get that job?  Don’t worry about it.  Think about it, yes.  Plan for it, yes.  Do what  you think you need to do to get the job, yes.  But, stop, at some point thinking about it.  When it comes to the time that they’re going to be deciding about who gets the job?  Stop thinking about it.  Release it.  You’ve done all you can.  Then, if you get it, good job.  If  you don’t get the job move on.  Don’t stop and try to figure out where you went wrong.  Just move on.  You got what you were supposed to get and the effort you spent in trying to get a new job was not wasted.  That energy went out there to start movement for you.  On a psychic level.  On a personal level.  That’s where two or three weeks down the road after your failed attempt to get a job you meet this person in the hardware store, just by chance.  This person is at the counter paying for their purchase and you have just completed your own.  You pause at the counter to stuff everything back into your purse and overhear the cashier say something that makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.  The cashier says to the lady, “Oh, by the way, has anyone answered your ad?”  You, being the bright individual you are, stop and say, “What ad?” And, you get a job.

No comments: