Sunday, March 26, 2006

Grief

One of the more popular pages at Talking to Spirit is the Grieving page.  And, grief is the source of most of the email that I receive.  So, I’d like to talk about that right now.

I’m not a trained grief counselor.  The only experience I can bring to the table is personal.  I know what it feels like.  I know that the feelings, the sharp pain dulls with time.  I know that everybody reacts to grief in their own way.  Some just collapse.  Others carry on and try not to show much to the world at large. I also know that even years down the road I will think of the telephone calls my mother and I shared and the grief for her will well up again and blindside me.  

My grandmother, my mother’s mother, passed over when I was 12 years old.  I grieved horribly for her.  I can remember as an adult driving down the highway, suddenly thinking of her and the tears just started to flow.  Not a real safe situation, but it happens.  I got home okay.  But, my point is that the grief seemed just as sharp 20 years after she had passed over.

In those days I didn’t know how to channel.  Now I do.  I learned how when I was 35 years old.  Not everybody channels like I do, but I know for a fact that everyone, every single person on the face of this earth can talk to their loved ones who have passed over.  All they have to do is to talk.  They can talk quietly or they can talk silently.  They can roar with anger and pain or they can laugh remembering wonderful moments of love they shared.  And, the wonderful thing is that those loved ones who are dead can hear what is being said.  They hear and they understand.  They still care and they certainly love.  So, don’t think that they will warn you that something horrible is going to be happening to you, you’re going to flunk your course or lose your job or have your purse stolen because those are your lessons.  But, all you have to do is to close your eyes and think of the person you love who has died and they know it.  

Are they with you?  Yes.  They are also with others who think of them.  Same time.  Washington state, North Dakota and California, all at the same time, wherever those loved ones are.  Are they happy?  Yes.

People ask are they okay?  Yes, they are fine.  Do they think of me?  Yes, all the time.  Do they still love me?  Yes.

Something else to think about with folks who die is to think in terms of people don’t leave with unfinished business.  The soul has done exactly what it set out to do.  Stuff is done.  Time to move on.  

I know that all of this raises more questions than it answers, but if I can give one person, just one person who is grief stricken a glimmer of peace, then I will have done my job.  


No comments: