Monday, April 24, 2006

Plans for the Day

This is lovely. A day off. Actually, tomorrow too. Granted, I’ve got a doctor’s appointment this afternoon, but before and after, lots to do. I try to jam as much as I possibly can into my days so that I can be as productive as possible. I don’t know why I do that other than the fact that work is tedious, but it does pay the bills. And, the other things that I’m passionately interested in aren’t, at least yet, remuneratively rewarding.

Actually, it’s a good thing that work is boring because I can expend more creative energies on my other interests. Just trying to look on the bright side.

I would like to wind up the newsletter for May today. I’ve got a very tiny column that runs along the side. I’ve been recommending a book or a CD in this column, but for the last few days I’ve been at a loss as to what I could do for the coming month. Because I’m nearing my own self imposed deadline I’d better hurry up and decide on something. It occurred to me just now that I might begin to speak of the stones and crystals I’ve got scattered around here. I could take a picture of one of them and then talk about them. Oh, I’ve got it. My all time favorite: Moldavite. Yes! It’s the stone I used to help me to channel. What better stone to use? Okay, good, that’s decided.

Then, the other thing I want to do is to learn about sections in Word so I can get that squared away with my book.

I also want to record again (for the 4th or 5th time) a guided meditation we did a couple of weeks back. This is something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time to have at Talking To Spirit. The guides said something about 5 of them. This is the first. It’s just an all purpose sort of meditation to relax a person and get their foot in the door with meditating. I had a cold prior to this so the recordings weren’t done in “healthy voice”. Now, I think I sound better. Also, I plunged headlong into the recording and only realized the other day there was a pause button on the tape recorder. That will make all the difference in the world. Anyway, one of the things I wanted to do was to have music playing in the background. Being as how I didn’t feel I could use somebody else’s music I figured I’d need to make my own. So, I spent some time a couple of weekends ago in figuring out how my keyboard works and how to lay tracks. Very interesting stuff!

“The Sopranos”, last night was pretty good. Artie is being a butt, as usually, and Tony, trying to be helpful, pointed out that he was being a butt. It might have finally sunk in. Christopher is being a butt, too. It was great was that Lauren Bacall and Sir Ben Kingsley both made an appearance playing themselves and both said, “fuck”, except, Ben Kingsley said it sort of like, “Faaaawwwk”. Dennis said famous movie stars had been asking to be on, “The Sopranos” for ages, but this is the first time that they’ve ever done it. I figured it was because they are nearing the end of the shows. I think there will be one last season after this one.

No comments: