Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

Okay….just a quick guided sick humor moment. I’m making a links page for Talking To Spirit on Aging. I add them when it occurs to me something might be interesting. Anyway, my thoughts turned to humor and so, I found myself at a jokes page for seniors. The archives begin in 1999, but only go to 2000. I’m thinking to myself, “What’s up with that?” Somebody in Spirit said, “He died.”

More on looking for stuff to put on my Aging page and I came across a site that talks about things folks write on tombstones. Here are a few that made me laugh:

Memory of an accident in a Uniontown, Pennsylvania, cemetery:
Here lies the body of Jonathan Blake: Stepped on the gas Instead of the brake.

In a Georgia cemetery: "I told you I was sick!"

Anna Hopewell's grave in Enosburg Falls, Vermont:
Here lies the body of our Anna
Done to death by a banana.
It wasn't the fruit that laid her low.
But the skin of the thing that made her go.

No comments: