Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hot

Yikes, is it ever hot outside.  On our patio, which, is in a sheltered area, in the shade, a cross breeze going through it from 3 different directions, it is 104 degrees Fahrenheit.  That’s hot.  I looked at weather.com and they said it was 89 degrees.  Maybe in the freezer isle at the grocery store.

Anyway, I just misted the birdie.  I hope she doesn’t pass out.  There’s a fan on her.  Two of the cats are asleep.  Not sure where the others are.  Waiting it out somewhere.  I misted the plants.  One will likely not make it.  It looks blasted right now.  I soaked my head.  DeeDude is almost naked.  It’s like an oven.

I was up early being as productive as I could be as quickly as I could be.  I knew later on we would be Post Toasties and not able to do much of anything.  Thank goodness we don’t have to work today.  I threw 2 cupfuls of water on the plant as I left the office yesterday thinking it was going to be hot this weekend.  

I went to Office Depot this morning.  They’ve got copy paper in 5 ream cartons, now, so that’s what I got for us.  We don’t use it that quickly and I was able to carry it up the stairs to our apartment.  I also talked at some length to a guy at Office Depot who knew all about digital cameras and routers.  I copied down the sku’s of the memory stick and the lens cleaner we would need to purchase for our new office camera.  Also, he recommended getting it a case to protect the lcd viewer.  It’s a Sony DSC-T9.  Very, very nice camera.  I brought it home with me to learn how to use it.  I have to admit that it took me a very long time last night fiddeling with all the menu items before I got a half-way decent handle on what is going on.  I’m still not real comfortable using it, but figure that with time and use it will all get easier.  I especially like the video.  My plan is to get all the kitties on film.  DeeDude too.

The other thing I got at Office Depot was a wireless router so that we can use dsl with all of our computers in the house.  DeeDude and my computers are both the old fashioned hard wired kind.  Then, he purchased a laptop with both a hard-wire and wireless connection.  We were unplugging the telephone and he was using it as the old fashioned 58K dial up, which isn’t fun when you are accustomed to dsl.  When it cools down, or maybe tomorrow morning I’ll start hooking everything up.  Right now I don’t feel like doing much of anything.  If we get that all to working I might, later on down the road purchase whatever gizmos are necessary for my computer (s) to go wireless.

I’m going to go make some jello.  Maybe that’s what we will have for dinner.

No comments: