Saturday, July 22, 2006

Practical Guidance


My husband and I have embarked upon a weight loss regime. Actually, I’ve been trying for some time and he only recently joined in. His sense of purpose has always been astonishing to me and as promised he has plowed right into the need to lose a bit of weight. I’m tagging along. But, for the past 2 days I have applied myself to my Leslie Sansone Walk at Home Aerobics DVD. I’m only able to get to ¾ of a mile yet before I crap out, but it’s better than nothing and with time it will get better. I also feel better about myself.

But, yesterday I was sitting on the throne and some guide began to wax enthusiastic about me exercising. I’m not making fun, they really do encourage me. And, there’s always a bit of privacy in the bathroom, so the bathroom has always been a great place to talk. Anyway, this guide starts to be a little bit more than just mildly encouraging. He starts along the lines of what might be called hectoring. He said something about, “It’s only going to take you 10 minutes. What is 10 minutes out of a 24 hour day?” He went on for a little bit along those lines. I narrowed my eyes and said, “Who is this? General Patton?”

I am hoping that they will continue to encourage me. When I first started channeling they did help me to lose 50 pounds. I’m not as gullible as I was in those days and the difficulty of losing weight now is slightly different than it was then, but, they can still help me.

No comments: