Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Writer's Hours

I wondered how I was going to do so much writing/channeling for the month of November for NaNoWriMo.  I’m getting up an hour or so earlier.  I awakened shortly after 4:00 this morning.  I’ve channeled now for an hour and count wise it’s an additional 850 words.  Not bad.  I need a break.  Total count so far is 8,210 words.

I have found that I just can’t sit here and write the way I used to which was a credible 4,000 words a day.  I wasn’t working in those days.  Interestingly, I devoted a month to working Tony Robbins Personal Power Program once and took that 4,000 words a day up to 20,000 words a day.  A day.  It was all journal work.  But, it was pretty incredible.  I just wanted to see if I could do it.  I could.  But, that was years ago.   It was also interesting how doing the exercises in that course ended up pushing a lot of my buttons.  It was painful, but ended up being the best thing I could do.  I was propelled into a lot of inner growth and inner emotional healing.  But, that’s okay.  Now I know how to do it.

Though, writing and channeling are intertwined, they are two different things.  I’m actually more comfortable sitting here and writing this than I am with channeling.  I wait upon my guides to say something with the channeling and try to put a sock in my mouth while they say it.  Sort of.  It’s difficult to stay out of their way with what they say.  Sometimes, if what they are saying makes me edgy I’ll lose track of what they are saying just because I’m nervous or anxious about it.  Not that they say weird things like the world is going to end or anything like that.   What happened this morning to sort of wind up our session was they started saying nasty comments about critics.  Excuse me?  What?  That just busted the whole thing up.  Now, did they do that on purpose to make me take a break or did they really intend to say it?  I’ve left it in the piece.  Maybe later as I go back during the editing process where I find all the rampant spelling mistakes I usually make when I’m channeling with my eyes closed they’ll be amenable to changing what they said.  

I don’t know.

It was weird.

Maybe I’m tired.  I can lay down for half an hour before I need to get ready to go to work.  This is hard for an old lady like me.





No comments: