Saturday, February 17, 2007

About Psychic Readings

One of the things I do is occasionally go to a psychic. You’d think that because I’m a psychic I wouldn’t be plunking down the dough to get a psychic reading, but I do. Occasionally. There’s the old saying, “You can’t see the forest for the trees.” That holds true for me. I don’t know how true it is for other psychics, but I’ve sort of noticed it happening with me. I can’t read for myself all that objectively.

The problem is I want what anybody else wants and that’s an assurance that the future is rosy and bright. I sit on the fence with this. I know, now, from what the guides have told me and from what I’ve learned along the way everything that happens to me is the best thing to come to pass for me. If it is a disaster then that disaster was the best way for me to learn whatever it was I was supposed to learn. They didn’t say it wouldn’t suck.

I guess what I need to do is learn how to move through the sucky parts gracefully. Like yesterday. It was the end of the day and I was struggling with a stupid rubber band stretching the bejesus out of it to get it around a stack of paperwork. It snapped. A lovely lilac colored rubber band. A thick, heavy duty rubber band. It hit me in the face. Guess what I said? Real loud too. I could have said something else. The stinging has stopped. What has not stopped is the memory of what I said. It certainly wasn’t graceful. My mother would never have said that. I guess I just need to forgive myself, resolve not to do it the next time and stop trying to stretch rubber bands past their limit.

Anyway, one thing I’ve noticed with folks when they ask for a reading from me is are they doing the right thing? Here’s some psychic advice, free of charge. Yes, you are on the right track. It might have been quicker had you done x, y and z, but you’re still going to get there. And, the other little bit of advice I’m trying to apply to myself as well is to live in the moment and enjoy life more. Try not to worry about the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's true, you really can't read yourself. Intuition is one thing, if we listen to it but I cannot tell and draw a complete blank for myself. It's been years upon years since I had a consultation. I'd gone to Lily Dale, in N.Y. She was on the money, though. Nice and realistic blog, thanks.