Saturday, May 12, 2007

Finding the Deep River Within

I have had a pain in my side all week. It is still there. I think it is a kidney stone. Today I don’t plan on doing much of note. Except, drink a lot of water. And, I can iron. And, make us dinner eventually.

I’m reading a new book. It’s, “Finding the Deep River Within” by Abby Seixas. I’ve only just started it, but already I’m pissed off. They are talking as if all women have children and having children, husband and job is what stresses them. They have not taken into account, at least yet anyway, those women who have worked all their *** lives and don’t have children. By the way somebody wished me a happy mother’s day yesterday. I smiled and said, “Thank you.”…not like last year when I snarled at the guy over the phone and said, “I don’t have any children.”…I vowed to be nicer this year…and I was.

But, having already hit sore spots with me I figure I’m probably going to be finding real useful stuff with this book. The sub title of the book is, “A Woman’s Guide to Recovering Balance and Meaning in Everyday Life”. That works for me. If I finish enough of it and feel enthused enough I’ll write a review of it and put it on my I Read Books Blog. For now, it is just a part of my life that I’d like to talk about.

No comments: