Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Once Upon a Time

There is probably something very statistical about how many times a person needs to be looking at an advertisement or information of some sort before they actually bite. I use myself as an example. Anyway, I think it’s a lot of times.

So, part of your job, then, is to get into people’s faces as often as possible if what you are doing is trying to sell them on something.

I ask myself, “What am I trying to sell?” I think it is peace of mind. Also, there is an adjunct to that which is to create some money. More than money. An income. At least, to pay the rent and take care of some of the expenses. There. Narrowed that sucker down.

Okay. So, let’s talk about the peace of mind aspect. Turmoil, for me anyway, used to come from all sorts of directions. I was unsure of my place in the universe. How’s that for a big one to worry about? But, the clincher on that was also a feeling that if I wasn’t doing “It” right I could end up in hell. So, that was a worry. Then there were the everyday, always with me worries: like I was very shy and unsure of myself in regards to practically everything I did.

Maturity, in part, contributed to the sense of peace that I have now. However, there was that time when a rather large chunk of it fell into my lap all at once. It dates to my early days of channeling. Granted, some of the stuff I was channeling was way weird and off the wall and now I would relegate it to the Beginner’s Channeling category. But, the sense of peace of mind I got in those days has persisted.

Basically, God does exist, but he or she really doesn’t care two twits about what you do. You’re responsible for your own life. So, if you go off half cocked and hurt others it’s all going to come back to bite you in the butt later on, either in this life or in another. Live your life in the moment. The worries are all of your own invention. It is possible to live a life of interest, of caring and of peace if you engineer it so.

I live by example. I guess that’s what my blogs are about. It’s me up front and in your face. A lot. Do you guys want to say something?

Yes.

Okay.

Are you done?

No, but I’ll be quiet.

Then, we will begin. Our blessings this fine morning, though by the time many will read these words it will no longer be morning. As with stories penned 200 years ago the reader is expected to “be” with the writer in the story that is penned upon the page. You do it all the time. You know you are going to read a story. You prepare to be transported and you willingly do so. Hence, to imagine yourself walking among those who wear long dresses and drive about in carriages pulled by horses is not an incredible stretch of the imagination. If it is a moving story you might also shed a tear or two for the heroine who strives to understand the love she feels for the hero to be.

Reading now imagine yourself in the future. This is after you have passed on and is, in fact, 200 years in the future. Once upon a time. What might your life be like 200 years from now? What would you hope your life might be like?

Imagine you are the author. Imagine you write a story where there are no rules. Not many, anyway. Just imagine what could your life be like 200 years in the future?

Start with your sex. Are you male or are you female? How old are you? What do you look like? Allow the images to swirl about and come together in your head.

What is the number one thing you want to accomplish as this person 200 years in the future? How successful at it are you? How thwarted by others are you? Are you able to achieve your objectives easily or is it a struggle?

This is your day dream. It doesn’t have to be one way or another. Think how connected that person 200 years from now is to you in the present. What in that person can be traced to you? Much as a family tree will show freckles and red hair to move through the generations, so too, will you see cause and effect through your own lifetimes.

Be at peace and look at that person in the future. Are they as unsure of things as you are now? Or, are they more sure of themselves? Do they have a family? Do they have children? Ask these questions of yourself. You need not see 3 children with that person in the future. You might only have a sense of a family. It is enough.

Just a glimpse into the far distant future for you.

No comments: