Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Night Sweat Nightmare

I had a bad dream last night. It started with a huge menopausal night sweat that morphed into the bad dream. Somewhere along the line a couple of friends had asked me to help them with some sort of graphic project. I was to take art work and copy and scan and get it all into a book. And, I was supposed to do it as a favor. It was a lot of work and it needed to be done as quickly as possible. They’d approached me just as I was heading out the door to go to work.

I listened to what they wanted. In the beginning it was presented to me as a short, quick job. As they showed me the things they wanted included this short project began to get a whole lot bigger.

I remember getting angry that they were taking advantage of me and I said I would only do it for $25 a page. Then, this medium sized to large project morphed into a humongous project. I gulped and thought about charging several hundred dollars for it and then decided that I was not going to do it at all. I was so angry that I couldn’t even get the words out. It was like I was gasping. The words just came out in little huffs.

But, I did manage to get my point across. They were pissed. But, I felt better.

No comments: