Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Twing, Twang, Twonginginging

One of the things that was a part of my life up until recent years was the idea that I not express my opinion too loudly. I remember when someone actually did ask my opinion about something when I was in my late teens I didn’t know what to say. I remember wondering what it was that I was supposed to say.

I don’t know if this all came about because of how I was raised or the age I was raised in, or perhaps, it is a combination of both. In recent years I have begun to find my own voice and my own courage. Expressing myself in the venue of my blogs and website on the internet was just what I needed.

In my job where I spend the requisite 40 hours a week I have duties I attend to. I do them in what I see as a professional manner. I am not stilted in my manner, but neither do I have an old hippy manner about me. I’m sort of in-between. I do know I make people laugh, which is certainly not a requirement that I be a stand up comedian secretary, but it takes the edge off the day sometimes. But, I have to admit that I am not totally myself there. They don’t know me as a psychic and I don’t channel for them. Those parts of me are unobtrusive. Perhaps the training I had as a child and teenager has stood me in good stead after all.

I am very grateful to be able to let my hair down here. I don’t know that anybody else will read this. I don’t know that they care. But, I hope that I might strike a chord with somebody occasionally with what I write. That twanging they hear as I write my thoughts echoes their own, makes them think and maybe helps them as this writing helps me.

A way to express myself.

No comments: