Saturday, June 09, 2007

I Might Slow Down a Little

I have to admit that I’m not all that sensitive. Swift I suppose you might say. Sometimes I’m sharp as a tack, but mostly these days I’m sort of segueing into middle aged menopause. The more Kava Kava and St. John’s Wort I take the mellower I feel. That’s in lieu of drinking anymore. Self-medicating. I made our administrative manager laugh the other day when I threatened to answer the next phone call coming into our office as, “Emergency Room, can I help you?”

Anyway, when I get a psychic impression sometimes I don’t trust it right off the bat. They’ve got to be way different and out of the ordinary for me to sit up and pay attention.

One of the things with me is I’m wired, self-medication aside. I just generally always operate as if I’ve got a hundred different sensory wires stuck on me and radiating out all attached to a charging machine. That’s wired. So, it’s difficult for me to do the necessary disconnecting and calming down for psychic visions and impressions to catch hold. Also, I have a hard time telling them apart from ordinary thoughts when they’re subtle. I pay attention to the really obvious, smack in your face, can’t ignore this one sort of psychic impressions as opposed to the more subtle ones. I think if I started paying attention I’d notice the more subtle ones, but I’m sort of afraid that I will no longer be able to operate as an upstanding normal citizen either.

It’s like when I quit smoking; I had this terrible fear that I wasn’t going to be able to think properly and in a logical manner. I did have trouble for the first day or so, but it got better after that and other than wanting a cigarette when things get stressful, I haven’t smoked in 7 years. But, I remember the fear of not being able to think without having a cigarette. It’s sort of the same thing surrendering to the psychic stuff.

Well, hell, it doesn’t pay the bills, she argues. And, acting like a solid, upstanding member of the community does.

Might we break in here, Dear?

Sure.

Do you think that flamboyant, as you refer to them, psychics, would not be able to contribute to the greater good of society any better than you do as a half-assed psychic?

I think I must have had too much Kentucky fried chicken for you to be talking like that.

I think not, Dear. I can rephrase it for you. If you were any better as a psychic would you feel more pressure than you already feel to quit your job as a secretary and pursue full time work as a psychic?

Yes, I think so. I feel like I’m abusing this gift somehow.

You work awfully hard at it.

I think I’m doing too much.

I don’t think you need to worry about it. Just do as you are drawn to do and let it alone. If you feel the need to not blog as often as you have been recently in order to finish up work on your book, then, just excuse yourself for a time. People can read the archives. You have enough of them.

I don’t know how you do it. You always manage to hit the nail on the head with me.

Blessed, I suppose.

Ha. Thanks.

You are welcome. Our blessings.

No comments: