Friday, June 22, 2007

My Day Off

Wooo Woooo! I never thought I’d utter those words, but here I am. I’ve got the day off. I’ve already gone back to bed for a nap. I’ve got the first scratchiness of what might be a sore throat and the day is open for plans. I think what I’ll do first is pretty much ignore the sore throat. If this is going to morph into a cold then it will do so. I might go have a cup of tea. Actually, this will be my opportunity to do a combo tea bag operation of chamomile and mint. Some time ago I’d purchased a blend of those two and I really liked it. Sort of a perk you up and calm you down all at the same time. Invigorating. I haven’t been able to find that particular product, so I had gotten teas of both sorts and planned to brew them up together in a little tea pot. This is from a lady who doesn’t drink anymore. I like my tea. So, that sounds pretty good for a maybe sore throat.

DeeDude has the laundry in, so I don’t need to concern myself with that. Great! And, any ironing that needs to get done can be done tomorrow or the next day.

What can I do on my day off? Shopping comes to mind. I’ve a yen to make myself a new handbag. I haven’t been able to find exactly the one I want and the alternative is to just make my own. It’s been awhile since I did that, so getting the fabric would be neat. I could also get some more beads. I’m looking for a French bead. It’s a flexible silver colored tube that is designed to go through the hole of a finding clasp. That way your thread is protected and you’ve got a real stylish looking end to your necklace or bracelet. So, that would be a trip to Bead Inspirations in Alameda. I could stop by Office Depot on my way because my laser printer needs a new cartridge. Hmmmm….this is shaping up. And, then hie myself on down to SouthShore Plaza in Alameda.

No comments: