Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Vrooom

Do you have times during the course of the day when you seem to have more energy to get the “important” things in your life accomplished? I know for me that time is morning. I absolutely revel in the weekends because I’ll sometimes get up at 4:00 am, work on my “stuff” whether that is a writing assignment I’ve set for myself or updating my various blogs and then, when the creative juices begin to dwindle about 9:00 am I’ll go back to bed for a bit of a cat nap. About 11:00 am or so I’m up again to do another 5 hours. Come late afternoon I’m done for the day. But, for me to cram all that wonderful time into my writing and channeling on Saturday and Sunday is just perfect.

What happens on a weekday? I write fast. Right now I’ve got about 20 minutes before I need to brush my teeth, put my shoes on and head out the door for work.

Somehow or another I’ve become able, due to these time restraints, to turn “ON” with the writing juices, with the creativity, with whatever it is that allows my fingers to fly on the keyboard and be productive. Now, I’m not talking about whether this stuff is good or not. But, it is stuff. I’m not just sitting here staring at a blank screen or, as in the old days, where I would stare at a blank piece of paper totally frozen with self-doubt and no creativity coming through at all.

I don’t know when this shift occurred. If I knew I’d bottle it.

Part of it is forcing myself to be here. When I sit down at my computer and hit that little “W” for my word processing program I feel good. It’s like I’m revving up my engine. I’m ready to go. I’m ready for whatever comes through. I suppose that’s part of it too. Instead of knowing that I’m going to the racetrack or to the store I just set out in the car to drive. Anywhere. That’s the permission I give to myself to write.

Now, what I’d like is to be writing on a particular project. Like a book. That would just tickle me no end. I suppose I’d just need to set that up for myself. But, I’ve got this project of my other book to finish first. I’ve been carrying it around with me in my bag to work and home from work. Just in case I want to look at it during lunch. For 15 minutes. Like that’s really going to put a dent in it? But, actually 15 minutes work on it will be better than nothing which is what’s been going on for the last year.

Maybe that’s what I’ll do today. At lunch. While I scarf down my bologna sandwich.

Update on the crystal ball watching. Still nothing going on. At least, nothing that I can point to and say, “Hey, what was that?” Little flickers. Could have just been my eyes. Shifting. I’m not focusing. Whatever. I’ll keep it here and gaze more. Having it in front of me is helping.

Okay, time to go to work.

No comments: