Friday, July 27, 2007

Master Cook Recipes

I’ve got a MasterCook Recipe Program. Mine is version 9.0. I purchased it from ValueSoft for $20. I just love this program. It's been around for years and years and the most wonderful thing about it is that you go online and download collections of recipes folks have put together. For Free. Sometimes they ask for donations, but for the most part it is just sharing their favorite recipes. Imagine, 1,000 chicken recipes. Or, a recipe swap some group did. Or real chef collections, like Alton Brown or Back of the Box recipes. I don't know how many collections I've downloaded, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out it was more than 50. Hey, I just looked...phhhht...it's 104 cookbook collections I've downloaded. That's more than 50 for a certainty. I love this program so much I created a page of links for it at my other website.

Lovely search where if you've only got blueberries and a box of cake mix, what could you do?

BlueBerry Dump Cake (From: Favorite Recipes from Quilters)

2 pt Blueberries,fresh
3/4 c Sugar
1 White cake mix (we used yellow)
1 c Nuts, chopped
8 tb Margarine (we used butter), melted

Pour berries into 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle sugar, dry cake mix and nuts over berries. Pour melted margarine over entire mixture. Bake at 325 for 1 hour.

Deedude liked this one. It got better as the days went by. We stored what we had not eaten in the fridge. Sort of like a super-charged Pop Tart.

No comments: