Friday, September 14, 2007

National Novel Writing Month is Approaching


I’m thinking again of the writing. I’m thinking of November. I’m thinking of pushing me to my limits once again. I didn’t make the 50,000 words last year. It was more along the lines of 20,000 words written, but for an old lady, I thought I did pretty well. I’m gearing up for the National Novel Writing Month again or NaNoWriMo.org

I checked out the site and they’re set to start accepting signups on October 1st. If you have a hankering to write that book you’ve promised yourself for years that you were going to write one of these days, this is what you’re going to need. I even bought the book, “No Plot? No Problem!!” by Chris Baty, founder of NaNoWriMo. It’s a terrific read and will inspire you to pound away at your keyboard with the best of them. This is the book that will shred each and every inhibition that you have about writing. This is the one that will have you actually writing instead of staring at a blank screen (or paper).

No comments: