Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Visual Thing


The internet in the early days was all text. No pictures. It looked boring. Now, however, there are lots of pictures and graphics to sparkle up the experience. What I have neglected to do is to join in. Mostly, I’m all text. The visual stuff takes a little bit of extra time and I have to admit that many times I just don’t allow myself enough time to either look for a picture or take one with my trusty digital camera.

Why is this important? Well, I was sort of wondering about what the folks who come to visit my sites might be looking for or at. That’s when I began to pay more attention to how I surf the internet. Pictures are important. If I’m going to page down through a blog quickly the first thing that is going to catch my eye and then my attention is a picture. Simple. So, I resolve to do more.

This picture is my cat Shelby peering into my water glass. Her foot is a blur as she intends to get to the bottom of it.

No comments: