Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What I Did Today

Recently I went to Walgreens and got an ink cartridge refilled rather than purchasing a new one. I saved about $15. And, today I did it again, except this time it was free. There was a special coupon in Sunday’s paper if you showed up today you could get one cartridge refilled for free. They said it will be ready at 10:00 pm tonight. I asked if I could come back tomorrow and they said that was okay. That’s got to be one of the best savings I’ve seen lately.

However, now that I think of it I was at Mervyns last weekend and they were having some pretty incredible sales going on. I got a robe for DeeDude that was half off. Same with a couple of bras I got for myself. And, when I got to the cash register the sales clerk said, “Oh, if you were to buy $5 more you could have $15 off”….I asked if she’d mind me going back to pick up another bra. She said that was fine. So, I hurried off to snag another one.

I also picked up 6 packages of Chicken Top Ramen for $1 today at Walgreens. If you throw in a handful of frozen peas you’ve got 6 meals for $1. So, lots of savings today. That always warms my heart.

No comments: