Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Writing Progress - Big Zero

In an ideal world, a world of concentrated attention to NaNoWriMo.org activities I would be focused upon the job of writing a novel.

In the real world:

My back hurts now because I tensed up in the dentist’s chair yesterday while I was getting my teeth cleaned. It was like I’d passed on into an advanced stage of rigor mortis. They’re so blamed sensitive I was jerking, and twitching, and gagging. It was horrible. The dentist apologized to me afterward. I said, “Oh, that’s okay. It happens every time. At least I wasn’t screaming.” He looked at me funny. I guess it’s a good thing I don’t drink anymore. The comments that used to come out of my mouth in those days must have been fabulous.

The further unsettling news is that I’ve got to get 3 crowns. To maximize dental benefits I’m getting 2 done next month and the third done the following month. Oh, joy.

The more unsettling news is that my car is due to be smogged at a test only station. If it doesn’t pass I can either have it repaired (which could be really big bucks) or I can sell it to the State of California. I’ll have to investigate that avenue.

I didn’t need all these crappy things on my mind as I’m trying to craft a novel. No wonder I got a boil on my rear end last year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what is your novel writing project this year? Maybe the guides can dictate a Spirit Guide to Dealing with Smog Testing, Dental Cleanings and Other of Life's Necessary but Awful Things.