Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Favorite Quote

“If you have to eat a frog, do it quickly.” Actually, I’m having a terrible time actually finding this quote. Mark Twain was supposed to have said it. What I did find was a variation of it which goes, “"If you have to eat a frog, don't spend a lot of time looking at it.”

This is actually one of my favorite sayings and to have it said by Mark Twain who is a writer I admire is doubly satisfying. But, for both of these quotes I cannot find direct evidence that Mark Twain actually said it.

I farted around for over half an hour looking on the internet and I was beginning to feel disappointed. This was what I was all set to write about and I wasn’t going to be able to do it if I wasn’t 100% certain that Mark Twain actually said it.

That’s when somebody whispered in my ear, “I’ll say it to you now if it makes you feel any better.” You just have to love Folk in Spirit.

1 comment:

ChadGramling said...

Ha. My favorite Twain quote was on Golf. "It's a nice walk interrupted by a little ball." Or something like that.