Friday, April 18, 2008

The Full House Cafe

I’ve got the day off today! To do something special we went out to breakfast right around the corner to The Full House Cafe. It’s at 3719 Macarthur Blvd in Oakland, CA.


They serve breakfast and lunch. Our breakfast was fabulous. I had the special of the day omelet which was 2 eggs, asparagus, grilled onions and jack cheese. DeeDude had a bacon and blue cheese frittata. We both had a side order of oven fried potatoes and whole wheat toast. Neither one of us could finish our meals there was so much to eat.


Interestingly, it was the guides who had suggested before we left to go to the restaurant that I bring my little change purse with me. Luckily, I didn’t argue with them but just scooped it out of my purse and loaded in the usual driver’s license and debit card.

Normally, I don’t carry around much cash. If it’s $5 that’s a lot for me, but lately when I go grocery shopping I’ve been getting $10 over the amount of purchase and have just been tucking it into the change purse. Lucky thing I’ve been doing that because when we went to pay they told DeeDude that they couldn’t accept our debit card. I pulled out what money I had, but it was $20 and our bill was $23. DeeDude took off for the bank leaving me at our table. Right then I realized there was a tiny zippered part in the change purse, zipped it open and found another $15. Voila…I knocked on the window as he was heading off for the bank to get him to come back in and we settled with our waitress…also, left her a $5 tip.

It wouldn’t have mattered that he had to make a trip to the bank. The bank is just down the street a bit, but it saved a bit of bother and that’s where being psychic helped to smooth it all out this morning. Plus, we had a really nice breakfast.

Now, I’m off to shop. I just need to be at the dentist’s today at 2:30 to get my teeth cleaned.

2 comments:

Donna said...

The food looks wonderful! Thank goodness for the extra $$$ !!! Hope the Dentist visit went well!hughugs

Pauline Evanosky said...

Hi Donna. Thanks! The cleaning was fine and done in record time. I don't have to go back again until August. Hooray!