Sunday, August 28, 2005

Having Fun

You know something that I didn't really expect when I grew up was that I would have fun. When I was a kid and pondered being grown up fun just did not enter into the picture. I don't remember my parents having fun, though maybe I was just so absorbed in my own world that I didn't pay much attention to them. In any case, generally, I am open to the idea of having fun. It could be that the guides who come to talk to me respond and consequently the stuff I channel sometimes is hilarious. I've met a few people who channel and none of them are as irreverent as I am or as I get to be when I'm channeling. St. Paul is even a hoot. Somebody in Spirit just said, "watch out." oops.

Anyway, this morning I'm feeling pretty good. Yesterday was okay, but today is exceptional. Why? Well, it's a pretty morning. It's not too hot and it isn't cold.

I invented something for breakfast. Dennis always cringes when I say that, but it didn't turn out too bad. I grated up a potato with the skin still on and patted it sort of dry on paper towels. I pressed it lightly, or at least I tried to have a light hand, against the sides and across the bottom of a buttered 9 inch by 9 inch pan and tossed it into a an oven that was on it's way to 350° F for about 10 minutes. I didn't really time it. Then, while that was going on I cubed up a really hot Louisiana sausage, one of about 25 we got from Costco last time we went, a yellow squash Dennis brought home from work where some of the employees tend gardens with land donated by his company and a tomato that would have been on its last legs tomorrow. I would have added some onion, but we were out. Anyway, I sauted that up for a little bit. By then the potatoes had gotten a bit dried out and cooked a bit. So, I got the pan out of the oven pushed the potatoes that had lined the bottom up against the sides. Then, I beat up 6 eggs and mixed them into the sausage stuff and poured the whole mess into the potato lined pan. I grated a bit of cheddar cheese across the top and put it back into the oven, though I hiked it up to 400° F and let it go for 11 minutes. It's easier to hit two ones on the microwave than it is to hit a one and then go find the zero. This may go back to the days when I used to drink a lot and was always looking for the easier way out. And, when you get right down to it, what's the difference between 10 minutes and 11 minutes...not much.

That's when I went to go see if he was awake yet. Shelby was sitting on my side of the bed looking like she'd been walking on Dennis, which he confirmed that she had. She started doing that to me about 5:30 this morning. She leaps from my hip to his and back again. It's bad when I lay on my back and she hits my stomach. Not only is it startling, but it's sadistic. If you could look at it from her point of view, we might just be human woopie cushions and she does it just to hear me go wooooohhhf. How entertaining from a cat's point of view.

Anyway, once I got breakfast out of the oven it was actually pretty good. And, even though it had squash in it Dennis said he liked it. I wish I'd remembered to take a picture of it to post here before we got started on it, but the picture of the leftovers isn't too bad. What I'd do if I make this again? I'd use frozen hash browns. The only thing I didn't care for was that the potatoes turned grey. Which, if you eat fast you don't notice so much. But, they were grey and that was not great, so next time frozen hash browns.

Okay...I'm going to go look at my biorhythms. I'll bet they are awesome. Well, not quite awesome, but okay. If you'd like to check out your own use the link from my website...just to humor me. It's down at the bottom of the page. I try each day to see if I can get 100 hits. Lately, it's been more than 100, so traffic is growing.

Okay...off to the races. I need to iron and then help my neighbor Tina finish filling out her application for disability with the Social Security Administration. It's been 2 weekends and about 10 hours so far on the computer. I think, I hope we'll be less than an hour today.

This is the form from hell. If you ever have to fill it out you'll need to go back 15 years prior to when you had to stop working for your work history. You'll need to describe each of those jobs in minute detail. You'll need to figure how much time you spent standing, sitting, walking, bending, crouching, stooping and kneeling each day for each of your jobs. You'll also need to know how much time you used your fingers and your hands. You have to tell them in great detail whatever you did on those jobs that required you to reach, to lift or to carry and then tell them how far you had to carry things and how heavy they were. You'll need to know how much money you made per hour or your salary at the end of each of those jobs. And, that's only the employment end. At least they didn't ask for names of employers, addresses and telephone numbers.

What they did ask for on the medical end of things is the same detail on medical visits. All of your doctors names, their address, their phone numbers. Insurance. Worker's Comp stuff. It was horrible. And, then you had to talk about each one of the medications you'd taken, who prescribed it and what it was for. Like I said, the form from hell. But, you never know if you are going to have to be filling one out for yourself some day and this is an incentive to keep pretty good records for your employment (which I haven't done). Yesterday we were at it for 4 hours straight. I had to stand up and stretch at least 3 times. Her back was going into spasm. I wonder if we could have added that filling out the damn form was causing us to be in pain?

Okay, like I said...off to the races. I've uploaded a picture of Tina, just there to the side. It ended up that it took us about 2 more hours to finish up the form. She laughed when I told her that I'd called it the form from hell on this blog. I took this when we were done and she was going home.

No comments: