Saturday, August 13, 2005

The Phenomena of Guides and theyre Speling Mystaks

Normally I wouldn't make a second post on the same day, but this is going to be another article for my September newsletter. I'd started work on it a couple of weeks ago and finished it up this morning. We're on a roll!

This is an inside peek at what happens to me when I channel via the keyboard. Normally, I’m a pretty fast typist. Not phenomenal, but okay. I’m not all that great with accuracy, but that doesn’t really matter these days with the wonderful spell checkers that kick in automatically with certain words. Hey, it makes me look pretty good. However, I have to admit that when I am in the grip of channeling I usually close my eyes. That’s so the focus stays more with the guides and not with the screen. I don’t do this when I’m channeling in the car though. Eyes wide open.

Anyway, I indulge myself and sort of relax when I channel on the keyboard. But, it’s interesting to see what you’ve typed when you open your eyes. Mistakes like you wouldn’t believe. Words run together. Words actually missing. You heard them, but somehow they didn’t end up on the paper. When I first began channeling it would upset me a lot and I’d think I was a rotten channel. It got better to the extent that I wasn’t exhausted after I’d channeled something. It also got better in that I could stay with the channeling for longer and longer periods of time. I could sit here for an hour channeling, with not too many breaks, and I’d be pretty much okay. But, the mistakes persist.

How we solved it all? I edit. Hey, we want this stuff to look good. I’m never, I think, going to be that perfect typist. Oh, and sometimes there is the phenomena of the guides saying one thing and veering off to a new subject. I have discovered they do this on purpose with me. The sentence starts okay, but suddenly whammo we’ve gone off in a new direction. It’s because my concentration has started to flag. When the editing part rolls around they pick up on that one lonely thought and expand upon it, almost as if it were a placeholder for them to come back to later on. Like they are pacing themselves with me.

Anyway, in the early days of my channeling the editing process was jerky, slow and at times hilarious. I’d read through the piece of channeling and come upon something that sounded awkward to me. I’d go, “Seth, didn’t you really want to say…?” And, he’d go, “Yes.” And, I’d change it. Now, I pause when I come upon something I think might have been changed somehow by either my bad typing or my flagging concentration.

The guides want to say something: Normally, the major idea has been set upon the papers during the process of channeling and there is nothing more than minor, superficial changes to be made. The tone is our own. It is as if a fabric is being embroidered upon. There might be a loose thread here and there, but we are certainly aware of where they are and when, during the editing process we come upon them with Pauline’s fine attention to detail, we suggest the appropriate changes. This excellent way of working, of collaborating with our channel, has evolved through much practice during the years she has channeled for us. Übung machts den Meister.

1 comment: