Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Dream

I am always urging folks to write down their dreams.  I actually don’t follow my own advice.  Except, yesterday I had a really odd dream.  Ever since I began channeling my dreams are really full of a lot of people.  There are just lots of folks in them.  However, yesterday’s dream was extraordinarily full.  It began with Dennis and I having just moved into my parent’s home.  This actually did happen when I was 27 and Dennis and I relocated to California.  We lived with my mother for a year and a half.  My dad, at the time, was working in Saudi Arabia.  So, it was just Mom, Dennis and I.    And, I should say it was wonderful.  I got to know my mother as an adult, which when you leave home at 18, even though technically you’re an adult, you don’t start acting like one until you’re mostly 27 years old…sort of.

Anyway, the dream.  Dennis wasn’t there.  He was at work.  And, I was trying to get ready to go to work.  Except, suddenly this family with 34 kids in it has moved into the house.  The house was large to begin with, but it was crammed to the edges with all these people.  They absolutely swarmed through the house with all their boxes and luggage.  And, I had to go to the bathroom.  Every single toilet I found was occupied.  And, they’d even brought some sort of really strange porta-potty that somebody offered to me. I declined and kept searching.  Then, I realized I couldn’t find my clothes.  I knew that Dennis and I had been relocated in the house somewhere.  Finally, one of the ladies helped me to locate our boxes.  They were buried underneath other stuff and she helpfully began pawing through them pulling out stuff I could wear to work.

Which brings up another concern.  With all the folderol going on I was going to be late to work and I kept picking up telephone receivers different places in the house trying to call to work to tell them I was going to be late, but every time I picked up one of the phones somebody was on the line having a conversation.

At some point in all this searching and running into people everywhere I found a door.  I opened it and saw a stairway leading down into the basement.  It was quiet.  God, I couldn’t wait to get away from all those people.  It was just too crowded upstairs.  I started down the stairs and saw the place was full of cats.  Cats everywhere.  And, most of them were white.  I thought, “Oscar, where are you?”  He was a wonderful white cat who came to be with us for a number of years.  You can see a picture of him down at the bottom of my Charities resource page.  The cats noticed me but were very busy with their own concerns.  I left and went back up into the pandemonium of the house.  

I remember at some point in the dream I met the lady who was the mother of all those people and marveled that she was so nice. At some point I awakened.  I haven’t figured this out.    



No comments: