Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Mitzie

Mitzie just passed on. She came back to the bedroom to be with us. She was 17 years old. I knew something was happening. We'd been expecting it. I knew we were going to have to decide on taking her to the vet soon to put her to sleep. But, we waited too long. I woke Dennis up. She went into a convulsion and was gone. I posted the earliest picture we have of her from September, 1988 - when she was 3 months old.

I had turned the light on several times from when I was first aware that she'd come back to be with us shortly after 1:00 am. At one point I started saying a prayer and one of the guides interrupted me. They said, "The prayers are for you. What you can do is tell her that Molly and her dogs are waiting for her." So, that's what I did. Half an hour later she died.

We figure she was born in June, 1988. She died at 2:40 am today. For the first half of her life she lived with my friend Thayer. She had a really good life with him. They also had 2 Irish setters. She liked to be in the back yard. She was fiercely independent. She came to live with us in 1996. What she moved to was a house full of cats. She and Molly became inseparable. They were the best of friends for years. Now, they are together again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad Mitzie is well and with her friends now. You must miss her!

abhay