Sunday, October 09, 2005

Wordpress and Ghosts

I got interested in Wordpress. I found a really neat theme called Dark Maple that just floored me. And, I wanted it. I began to investigate what it would take to switch over from Blogger to Wordpress. Well, in a nutshell, though my web hosting service, Pair, would accommodate it I’d have to spend $12 more a month to get the advanced account. Right now I spend $5 a month for a really basic ftp account. As Talking To Spirit isn’t exactly supporting itself yet, I can’t really say okay to spending the extra money. Also, the instructions to install Wordpress had my head whirling because I’m just not up on all the techie lingo. Ah, well. Though the service at Blogger sometimes leaves something to be desired, if I stay with it long enough I eventually get my posts up. Also, consider what do you want for free?

Additionally, the expenditure of effort learning a new system and switching everything over, tweaking, etc is going to take away from my current project of updating the resource pages at Talking To Spirit.

Hey, something somebody channeled to me recently? I don’t know who it was…just a voice in my head. But, I was wondering what happened to all the haunted houses that were destroyed during Hurricane Katrina. I thought to myself, “What happened to all those ghosts?” The voice in my head said, “They will attach themselves to the next human being who walks by.” Now, this was scary, folks. I tossed up my left eyebrow in consideration and didn’t say anything else. But, I figured I’d say something here for posterity. I tend to forget these things. Now, since I’ve written it down I don’t have to think about it anymore, because, it was unsettling.

No comments: