Friday, June 23, 2006

Put Your Best Foot Forward

I bought two pair of shoes this week at PayLess. My size is not easily found and to find a pair of shoes that feels okay is a red letter day. So, I bought two of them. These are in your basic black and have those lovely old lady Velcro straps on them; just what I wanted. I put on a pair of them this morning, walked into the kitchen and discovered, to my dismay that these shoes fart on linoleum. Good thing the rest of the house is carpeted and that we’ve also got carpets at work.

The other odd foot related thing that happened this morning was that as I was finishing up my shower this morning I smelled a bad smell. It occurred to me that it might be the drain. As I pushed open the door I also had to push the bathroom door closed. It met with a little bit of resistance. Nothing to worry about because I had a number of my shirts hanging off of the door knob and I figured the tail end of one was trailing and getting stuck under the door. Anyway, I poured Clorox into the shower. Again I had to move the bathroom door to get it out of my way and, again, it stuck. That’s when I stepped in shit. Argh….it was mashed under the door, on the carpet, on my foot and maybe on my shirts. Argh. DeeDude came to my rescue. I was mad, stinky, hopping on one foot, couldn’t see, dripping wet and DeeDude came to help me. Dennis said, “Who did that?” I looked at him and said, “Well, it wasn’t me.” There could only have been 4 other guilty parties….Fluffy Drawers, Shelby, Mattie or Samantha. And, of course, none of them looked at all guilty. Cats have a way of doing that. So, life goes on and I need to go to work.

Interestingly enough, not one guide told me to watch out where I was going. Nobody made a strangled guide laughing noise to alert me to the fact that I was about to step in doodoo. Not until just now. So, being psychic doesn’t always pay off.

No comments: