Friday, December 22, 2006

Clickety...Clickety...Clack...Ding!

I’ve always maintained that writers have diarrhea of the mouth. However, after participating in the NaNoWriMo program in November I seem to have gotten constipated. I’m not sure why. It might have been the tremendous effort I made to write and it just plumb wore my sorry little butt out. It might be the next step in my evolution as a writer and what is now emerging from my pen is more refined than it has been in the past. And, it might be I got constipated. I don’t know.

I’m just now sort of emerging from it. For awhile afterward I was concerned that what I was writing to blog about was drivel and that nobody would ever be remotely interested. Also, once I looked at the finished pieces they just seemed so silly and whiney that even I didn’t want to read them.

What happened yesterday was that I was reading blogs at Blog Explosion and I began reading a blog I’ve never read before. Actually, I can’t even tell you the name of it now. But, they were talking about mundane and very ordinary events in their life. I mean this was totally pedestrian. Not super hero stuff. Not shining star stuff. Just ordinary stuff. And, I was totally enthralled. I hung on every word this lady had typed. I was really, really interested. And, that’s when my own log jam finally broke up. So, here I am…back in my hair curlers and fluffy slippers with nothing of truly extraordinary importance to talk about. But, at least I think I’m getting back on track again.

No comments: