Friday, March 16, 2007

Beading I've Done

Last weekend I finally dragged out all my beading supplies and started to work. I don’t know what it is about me that I have to do something in my head 150 times before I lay hands on the stuff and finally make something. Sheesh.

Anyway, I made two watches. I made one for the lady I work with and one for myself. Mine is a little too large and hers a little too small, so this weekend I will cut them apart and make them again.

In the meantime, these are the things I learned that doing the process 150 times in my head never touched upon:

Using pliers on the needle isn’t the best thing to do. Buy more needles than you think you need. (These are needles with a large eye that opens up in the middle and are pointed on both ends. This is the only needle I found that I can thread the stretch magic cord though.)

Be more cautious using Super Glue. I ended up with it on my fingers and spent 45 minutes picking and scrubbing before it came away.

The necklace trough tray is absolutely fantastic! I will use it a lot!

See about hiding knots underneath the roundel beads that rest in-between the more interesting ones.

The watch faces I purchased at www.whohasthetime.com They were $3.99 each. What a deal!

And a psychic spin to the story? Some time ago, while I was making beaded jewelry in my head one of the guides said the word bead. Except, I “saw” it as they said it and they’d spelled it wrong. They’d said bede. When I said it was wrong, they said it was correct. I went and looked up the word. It means praying. I thought that was interesting.

1 comment:

Angela Chen Shui, "The Soul Alignment Coach" said...

Lady Skye,

Thanks for sharing. Beading and sewing and some other activities have always seemed like time to commune with self... which is what praying is, isn't it?

Blessings for all that you're doing and I LOVE those watches!

How did they end up after you reworked them?

Angela.