Thursday, March 01, 2007

Shake, Rattle and Roll

Well, that was a long one. It felt like 20 seconds worth of earthquake, though the news reports are saying 10 to 15 seconds. It was 8:40 pm and centered in Lafayette which is about a 30 minute ride from where we live. The cats scattered to the four winds, rushing past us looking terribly worried. The two parakeets in the kitchen set to flapping and squawking. DeeDude and I sat there looking at each other in disbelief that it wasn’t stopping sooner than it did. Big shake…rumble, rumble, rumble with the little shakes and then a big one again. After it was over the first thing I did was go put my robe and shoes on. I turned the furnace off and then, I brushed my teeth. Go figure why. I guess if I have flee madly into the night with all the neighbors I don’t want to offend anyone with bad breath.

On a lighter note, before the earthquake happened we were watching a show called, “Meet the Ancestors” on the historical channel. They had found a number of skeletal remains, three of who appeared to be monks in a cathedral in the UK. They were digging them up. So, a voice in my head says, “If I knew they were going to do that I would have asked them to put me in the pasture.” I thought it was funny.

No comments: