Sunday, March 25, 2007

Henna

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I tried some green stuff at my local health food store. It was a powder that you mixed with water. It smelled like lawn clippings, but I did experience a rush of well being and good health such as I had not felt in a very, very long time. Unfortunately, the taste and smell threw me off of the product.

Today, I have on my head a mass of henna…Persian Dark Brown. The smell of it is reminiscent of the green stuff I drank. In fact, it was a dark shade of green as I packed it onto my hair. I used a cup of coffee and 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar to mix it up. I applied it with a paintbrush, though towards the end I just glopped it onto my head and rubbed it in. It was sort of like going out to the garden and piling mud on my head.

DeeDude screamed when he walked by the bathroom. I’ve been sitting around now for 45 minutes with it all tucked up under a shower cap waiting for the proscribed hour to end. If this works out okay I will use henna on my hair instead of the other coloring products I’ve been using for years.

No comments: