Monday, October 08, 2007

What I'm Reading

I’m reading a new book. It’s called, “Seven Up” by Janet Evanovich. When I’m done with it (probably by tomorrow evening) I’ll be writing up a book review and posting it on my other blog. For tonight though, I’m laughing my ass off. I had the thought earlier in the evening that this book could probably be rated R or maybe even X. No, probably an R. And, I got it in the library! How about that? Anyway, for anybody who has never read a Stephanie Plum Bounty Hunter story, this is the 7th one. Janet Evanovich numbers each of her novels and I believe that the 13th one was recently released.

Stephanie is like Lucy Ricardo on steroids. It is absolutely hilarious. And, the R part is the sex. The stories all take place in New Jersey. Stephanie works for her slime ball cousin Vincent and goes out looking for folks who’ve missed their court dates. Bringing them in is Stephanie’s job. She’s in love with Joe Morelli, a Trenton cop and also has the hots for Ranger, a fellow bounty hunter. Both guys end up helping her out of jams left and right. Stephanie gets help from Lula, a former ho turned file clerk in Vinney’s office. She wants to be a bounty hunter and helps Stephanie out on a lot of the cases. She also weighs more than I do. Stehanie’s family joins in and is also as hilarious as she is. I wonder if it is the water they drink? Her Grandma Mazur is a hoot, a hot old lady who is a terrible embarrassment to her daughter, Stephenie’s mother. Hell, if she was my grandmother she’d be an embarrassment to us too.

Even the bad guys are endearing. I know I am going to be guaranteed a laugh when I read a Stephanie Plum novel. And, the best part? Even though she screws up left and right (not entirely her fault) she does win in the end. Anyway, that’s what I’m doing tonight.

No comments: