Sunday, October 21, 2007

Where I Channel in French

Here’s a channeling funny that happened the other day. I was considering learning another language. I’ve got a blog going to practice and learn Spanish, but I’m not all that good at it.

I had a yearning to return to French. I had half a year of it in high school, but I don’t remember squat about what I learned. This is from a person who went to 5 different high schools in 4 years. Anyway, I was thinking about how I could satisfy my yearning to learn another language and maybe exercise my brain some.

I was in the car at the time driving home from work and one of the guides said to me: Je t'aime. At least, that’s what I thought it sounded like. Sometimes I'm not sure that I channel things right and I said, “Je m'appelle?” Like, maybe I hadn’t channeled it right and were they really trying to say, “My name is?” That’s about all I remember of my high school French. No, they said, “Je t'aime”. I figured I’d look it up when I had a moment, but forgot all about it until I was talking to a friend this weekend. I told him what the guide had said. He said it means, “I love you”. How sweet is that?

No comments: