Friday, September 30, 2005

That One Is Perfect

One of the things I do when I buy a sympathy card for someone is to get the Dearly Departed to help me pick out their card.  All of this is done silently.  I NEVER channel outloud when I am in public and might be overheard by someone.  Yesterday, I was in a local Hallmark store and not getting much feedback from the person in question.  Which didn’t alarm me, but, instead allowed me more leisure to browse through the cards.  Eventually, I did get a very direct response from him as to which one to purchase for his wife, but, I’d spent awhile at the card display.  I was the only person in the store at the time.  The owner was ensconced at the back of the store with somebody and I could hear them talking.  After I’d finished my selection and was wandering to the front of the store I heard the lady holler to me, “Are you finished?”  I turned around to see her at the other end of the isle and hollered back, “Yes, I’d like to get these now.”

As I am paying for the cards the lady said to me, “I wondered if you were done when I heard you talking.”  I smiled and said, “Oh.”  Like that’s nice.  Dear Readers.  I wasn’t talking.  I was channeling.  And I was doing it in my head.  Now, could I have inadvertently been channeling aloud or, I’m wondering if she didn’t just pick up on the channeled conversation?  Maybe she was just making nice.

My boss is always accusing me of talking to myself, which is true.  Then, he complains that I also answer myself.  Which is also true.  Except, I am channeling when that happens.  It’s just done in the same voice and it’s just them answering my questions or me answering their questions.  For instance, I’m sitting in front of my computer composing an email to somebody.  “There, I think that’s okay.”  “What about the time?”  “Oh, right, yeah, I forgot that part.  Okay, now I think that’s alright.”  Come to think of it, this does sound a little odd.  But, I’ve been doing it for years and nobody else has ever said anything.  They’re either used to it and don’t think anything of it or they can’t hear me.  Mostly, I tend to think these interchanges happen on a silent level, but I know that sometimes I just have to let it out into the open, an expression of who I am and how I am now.

No comments: