Monday, September 19, 2005

The Weekend: Piles

My weekend was a whirlwind. I ended it with piles. My husband bought me a sitz bath this afternoon and I came home from work and plunked my worried butt into it. Twice. It works. I feel much better.

But, the whole thing started Friday evening with Norton. Norton is not a who, but a what. Norton system works on my computer. Formerly on my computer. I finally managed to get it all off. But, it was a struggle. In the interim I'd disabled Microsoft Office and didn't know if I was ever going to be able to get it to work again. Panic? What's panic? We're talking major rush of blood pressure and spiking blood sugar here. I was faint with the stress.

I woke up Saturday morning to a flurry of activity of burning every document I could get my hands on onto CD's. I figured they'd be telling me the only way to fix it would be to wipe my hard drive clean.

It dawned on me right before I was going to haul the whole thing off to Mr. Wu of the East Bay Computer Center to fix that this had, more than likely, happened to other people before. So, I went into Google and wrote, "Uninstall Norton". Yipee. Best link of all was at Symantec. I finally got it off completely. Now, was I going to reinstall it? Heck no. I got AVG from grisoft.com which is free and watches email in and out and surfing on the web. From what I've heard it is fine. It's not going to do all the fancy things Norton does like look for errors in your registry, etc, but I've had it up to HERE with Norton.

Now, psychically speaking do you figure I got any help with this? Not while I was upset. Whenever I get mad or upset I can't make the nice smooth connection to spirit. It's like they stand back and watch quietly while I turn into the Tazmanian Devil for awhile...well, at least my hair gets frizzy. I did get some help as I awakened from sleep, but I can't say it was all psychic. I think anybody could have come up with a couple of new angles to try after having slept on a problem.

So, though the plans to clean the study didn't come to fruition, I did the ironing I'd wanted to do. The study can wait for next week.

No comments: