Friday, September 23, 2005

Whistle in the Dark

The other day I was whistling to one of my cats. Just to get her attention and for something to do. It was a silly little goofy song that I whistled. It actually didn’t even deserve the name of “song”. She looked at me as only a cat could look, with disdain and not a little bit of alarm as she wondered what the hell I was doing. So, giving that up as a bad idea I mentally turned it over to Seth saying, “Okay, now your turn. You whistle something.” And, I mentally stepped back, sort of a mini-surrender to “allow” Spirit access. There was that micro-second of instability as the new whistling came and I didn’t recognize it as anything. The trick with me in getting the channeling going is for me to relinquish control. And, that’s a harder thing to do now that I don’t drink anymore. But, there was that little bit of wobbliness where I was giving up the microphone and handing it over to Spirit who I figured was going to be Seth. Anyway, I eased up and began to “allow” it to happen. And, what came out of my mouth was a rousing rendition of, “When the Saints Come Marching In”. When I realized what it was they were whistling I could not continue because I was laughing and crying all at the same time. You just never know who it is that you’ll end up talking to when you Talk to Spirit.

Interestingly, I came up with a story from CNN about a whistling language. You just never know what you're going to find when you go out surfing.

No comments: